Any learner problems are dealt with verbally by the student welfare officer in the first instance. All written complaints are dealt with within 14 days of receipt.
We endeavour to ensure that:
- making a complaint is as easy as possible;
- we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service which calls for a response;
- we treat it seriously whether it is made in person, by telephone, by letter, by fax, or by email;
- we deal with it promptly, politely and, where appropriate, informally (for example, by telephone or in person);
- we respond in the right way – for example, with an explanation, or an apology where we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc;
- we learn from complaints and use them to improve our service, and publish information on complaints.
How to make a complaint
You can make a complaint by writing, fax, e-mail, telephone or in person (by appointment please).
If you are writing or faxing your complaint, please provide your telephone number if a response by telephone would be convenient.
If you are e-mailing, please state if a reply by telephone is acceptable or if a response by e-mail is required, if not, please provide your full postal address.
Contact details for complaints:
Talland School of Equitation,
Tel. 01285 740155 Fax. 01285 740153 firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
We will reply within 15 working days from when we receive your complaint. If it is not possible to give you a full reply within this time, for example, if your complaint requires more detailed investigation, we will give you an interim response telling you what is being done to deal with your complaint, when you can expect the full reply and from whom.
The full reply will include details of who to contact next if you believe that your complaint has not been dealt with properly. This will normally be the proprietor.